I needed to stay positive, I needed a project.

I was exposed to a 'picture a day' project by a friend from Florida. I don't particularly recall following her daily posts, which I believe she did on facebook, but I do recall thinking 'that's an intriguing exercise.'

Shortly after Mary died, I realized that I needed an exercise. I needed daily reinforcement to keep me focused on the most important work going on my life, raising my children. I also understood that while I was going to struggle with her loss in many ways, for a long time, I recognized at the same time that I was very lucky man.

Every journey begins with a single step. On January 1, 2012, I took a picture of a wind chime singing on my patio. I honestly had no plan or idea where this one picture would take me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good things come in threes.

I came upon a Gate.

The Gravel Road